Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Best Historical drama ever made..

The year was 1995, and a TV dramatization of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice hit the small screen. I didn’t watch the first of six episodes because I truly hate historical dramas, but I happened to be visiting family who insisted that I watched the second episode. Thereafter, I made sure that I was in front of a TV for the final four episodes.

The BBC, best TV company in the world, truly excelled themselves with the best casting, scripts, sets, props, absolutely everything. See for yourself..

This is the episode that I originally shunned. They say that the series was as close to the original book as a production could be, but how was I to know, never having read any fiction, especially historical drama. What I did know is that, during the second episode, I was watching greatness.

I have five of the six episodes, each a little over 50 minutes, but I don’t have episode four. The search continues..

No comments:

Post a Comment